A/C Repair in Central Louisiana
No A/C Job Is Too Big or Too Small for Atlas Cooling,
Sometimes it may be just a minor problem or issue that prevents you from experiencing the luxurious cooling effects of a working air conditioner. When that happens, a quick call to Atlas Cooling in Alexandria, LA will deliver one of our skilled A/C repair technicians to your door swiftly. We work on all makes and models, including ductless mini-split units.
When we perform an air conditioning repair on your system, we do a full round of troubleshooting to find the cause of the problem first; then we'll walk you through the repair process. You get full understanding of the problem before we begin work so you can make the final decision, and you'll know the final cost before we start so there are no hidden fees or sudden surprises. We'll keep you in the loop every step of the way.
Do I Need A/C Repair?
You may be thinking that it's fairly obvious when your air conditioner is in need of repair. True, if your system has simply stopped working, no longer blows cold air, or refuses to turn off, then it's obvious that you have a problem and need an emergency fix. But not all of the warning signs are as clear and evident.
Other signs you may need to schedule a repair are:
- Age: It's a simple fact that things deteriorate as they age. Most people only replace an AC unit once in their lives, but if your unit is really old and you think it's having trouble keeping up with the demands of a hot summer, you may need a repair or, if the unit is old enough, a full replacement.
- Utility Bill Increases: Fuel prices and the cost of electricity can vary pretty drastically, but not so much between two months of similar weather that you see a substantial difference in price. If you're seeing an increase in the cost of running your unit, without an increase in the cost per kilowatt at your utility, there's a problem with your HVAC unit or ventilation system that needs to be addressed by a professional.
- High Humidity: Your HVAC system helps mitigate humidity levels in your home. If your home feels muggy or damp, then something is wrong and you should call a service tech straight away!
- Uneven Cooling: While the hot and cold spots in your home can be due to problems with ventilation ducts, home design, and insulation, they could also be caused by an issue with your AC unit. If the rooms furthest from your unit are significantly warmer than the rooms nearby, or they fail to cool off at all, it's time to call for professional troubleshooting and repair.
- Low Airflow: The final sure sign that there's a problem with your HVAC system is a low amount of airflow. While this is normally caused by blockages and leaks in your ductwork, or a dirty filter, it could also be a problem with the blower fan in your forced air system. If replacing the air filter doesn't solve your problem, you may be in need of fan repair or replacement. Give an Alexandria HVAC repair and installation professional a call to solve your low airflow problems.
When you need emergency repair to get your system back up and running or just a simple fix to lower your electric bill, Atlas Cooling is only a phone call away at (318) 933-3888.